Epic Games’ patch 6.01 was scheduled to be released on the 2nd of October but was postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. Fortnite Season 6 as jawdropping as it’s been so far, hasn‘t been all roses with multiple bugs since season 6 started.
Downtime for patch 6.01 started on the 3rd to introduce bug fixes new LTM and some items. Let’s look at what Fortnite‘s new patch has installed for us.
New Fortnite item: Chiller Trap
This common chiller trap freezes your opponent’s feet causing them to slide around limiting their movement. The new trap can be found in all the usual loot spawns and drops in stacks of 3 -Chest, Floors, Llamas, Vending Machines and Supply Drops.
New Playground Settings
Epic Games also granted playground mode updates this patch with improvements to customized options. These changes allow more control over how you wish to make use of your time in playground mode. Here are the following customized option changes.
- Set Health
- Time of day
- And more!
Here is the complete rundown of Fortnite Patch 6.01
LIMITED TIME MODE: PLAYGROUND
Playground Custom Options
- Added more options to Playground. Allowing you to change settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more!
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Chiller added.
- Common Trap.
- Can be placed on floors, walls, or ceilings.
- Drops in stacks of 3 in Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and floor loot.
- Applies icy feet to friends or foes, causing them to slide around with low friction.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vehicles to become uncontrollable.
- Made improvements to the motion controls for the Switch to make it feel more accurate and responsive.
- Pets are now hidden along with your character when the camera is too close to you.
- Toys now respect the streamer mode setting for player names in minigame messages.
- Slightly increased the hitbox size on the Fancy Tomato to match its visual size.
- The following adjustments have been made to Glider audio tells:
- Muffled the audio if there isn’t a clear line of sight between you other gliding players.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect audio would play when a teammate was eliminated.
- Added star ratings to the UI elements of all trap items.
- Fixed an issue where players occasionally couldn’t interact with items.