We take a look at some of the changes and new items in patch v9.30 and we say goodbye to some explosive weapons as they enter the vault
Fortnite Patch v9.30 has arrived, although it may appear a smaller patch than normal due to fewer new features or items introduced, it appears something big is about to happen.
Fortbyte Challenges will soon be coming to an end as the cryptic message will completely reveal the whole image. Dataminers have already unearthed the final image found in v9.30 update files which you can take a look below.
Helpful Fortnite Links
- The Block Requirements
- TheBlock Creations
- How To Enter Island Codes Within Fortnite Creative Mode Guide
- List Of All Skins
- HD Wallpapers
A major event is likely to happen once all Fortbytes have been found with many wild theories of what it could entail. Many have linked the eyeball located in the Fortbyte cryptic image to the creature swimming around the main island in Fortnite.
Throw the new Chug Splash and make a splash. If yourself or your allies get caught within a splash radius, you will instant receive 20 Health/Shield. Granting health unless your already maxed health, therefore, you will receive 20 shield instead.
In addition, the Chug Splash can be used on allies that in a knocked state and extend the duration of the ‘Knocked state’, keeping them alive until you can lift them back up.
You can carry up to six stacks and find them around the Fortnite Battlegrounds inside Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, Llamas and as Floor Loot. Each time you loot a Chug Splash you will receive two stacks of them.
Vaulted Weapons In Patch v9.30
Fortnite have been adjusting the availability of explosive weapons to keep the game balanced between mass destruction and epic gun battles. With the newly added Proximity Grenade Launcher introduced last patch, it is time to say goodbye to some explosive weapons. The Dynamite and Boom Bow will both be vaulted alongside non-explosive weapon, Dual Pistols.
Limited Time Mode Rotation
- Sniper Shootout Duos
- Sniper rifles only. May the best aim win!
- Classic Battle Royale with Three-Person squads.
- Solid Gold Squads
- Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons.
- Made the “Hold to Swap” feature an option. This defaults as OFF.
- With the option OFF, pickup is now back on the initial button press instead of button release. This should result in more responsive pickup behavior.
- Made the Fortbyte Pressure Plate Puzzle NW of The Block easier to complete.
- Once unlocked the Fortbyte will be available for up to 15 seconds.
- Parking all vehicles on the pedestals will trigger them, except the Hoverboard.
- Slipstreams now fade out the visual effects and play audio cues to warn that they are shutting off before the collision and forces are disabled, to give players more advance warning.
- Added Storm Flip color switch effects, depending on Storm intersection points.
Bug Fixes and Adjustments
- Skydiving from the bus toward a slipstream was not auto-deploying gliders at the correct height.
- Storm Surge was not activating in Phase 8
- Player health could be improperly rounded when receiving damage.
- The health bar for structures could disappear when hitting a wall and swapping to build mode.
- Lava was dealing damage to players too quickly.