The Monkey King has become stronger and his clones have become smarter!
At long last, the announced rework of Wukong is available for testing on League of Legends PBE server on patch 10.2. Riot Games will be able to carefully monitor Wukong new “rework” changes to his kit and make any changes necessary before it heads to the live version.
Wukong’s kit is not necessarily a complete rework as most of Wukong’s kit has remained the same. However, there is some enhancement that shifts Wukong’s power from his late gameplay, over to his early gameplay.
League Of Legends (LoL) Guides
- All Prestige Edition Skins and How to Get Them (2020)
- All Prestige Edition Skins and How to Get Them (2019)
- Teamfight Tactics News / Teamfight Tactics Guides
- Essences – In-game Currency Guide
- Gemstones And Hextech Skins
- Capsules And Orbs Guide
- A Hextech Chest Guide – Collecting, Drop Rates And More
- K/DA Wallpapers / Awaken Wallpapers
Wukong Rework Release Date
Everyone can expect to see the new Wukong in action in Lol Patch 10.2. Patches are normally released bi-weekly making the release date around 22nd January 2020. All PBE content is subject to change which can cause the release date to be pushed back.
Passive – Stone Skin
- NEW– For 3 seconds after exiting brush or stealth, Wukong gains a physical damage shield equal to 12% of his maximum health. This effect can trigger once every 10 seconds.
- REMOVED– Wukong no longer gains bonus resistances based on nearby enemy Champions
Stone Skin is Wukon’s only skill that has been completely changed. This will allow Wukong to perform aggressive trades and creating more opportunities to trick and outmanoeuvre his enemies. This will also provide more sustainability from the jungle creeps.
Will we see more jungle Wukong?
Time Stone Skin perfectly Wukong’s W skills you can receive two procs of the shield in a single fight.
Q – Wuju Strike
- Mana cost lowered to 25 from 40
- CD reduced by 1 second at all ranks
- Damage adjusted to 1AD +20/40/60/80/100 damage (+.5 bonus AD) from 10/40/70/100/130 (+1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 total AD)
These changes focus on Wukong’s trading and improve his CS kit. Allowing Wukong to poke more often, thanks to the reduced mana and cooldowns. And allowing him to CS with Q regularly.
W – Warrior Trickstar
- Now instantly dashes towards the player’s cursor instead of a short range blink
- Dash is 350 range and 1200 speed. Can NOT go over walls
- Clone is now treated as a stationary Champion and will attack nearby enemies, prioritizing the last enemy Wukong damaged
- Clone’s attacks deal a scaling 60-100% of Wukong’s AD based on spell rank and applies on-hit effects, but cannot crit
- Clone looks identical to Wukong’s animation state on spawn, and animates as if he pressed the “S” key
- Cooldown increased to 24/21/18/15/12 sec (from the time of initial cast) from 18/16/14/12/10 (from the time the clone disappears)
- Stealth duration reduced to 1 sec from 1.5
You may encounter some bugs due to the clone target acquisition. This is currently being worked on and monitored on the PBE server.
Wukong will now have the ability to freely dodge crucial skillshots or make aggressive moves to reach your target. In addition, his clones are now smarter by acting like the real Wukong, plus clones can attack nearby targets.
This will aid Wukong Jungle composition as the clones will be able to tank jungle creeps
E – Nimbus Strike
Now deals magic damage instead of physical (but still scales with Attack Damage).
This small change will provide strong early game for Wukong, especially for opponents who build armor items first. However, remember although Wukong deal magic damage, it scales with Attack Damage, NOT Ability Power.
R – Cyclone
- Tick rate increased to every .25 seconds from .5 (damage per tick halved to compensate)
- Each tick of damage now applies Conqueror
- Damage ratio increased to 1.25 AD/sec from 1.1
- Bonus MS% is now a flat 30/40/50% instead of ramping up over the duration
- E’s attack speed buff renews itself while R is active
- Wukong can now cancel R early by casting another ability or recasting R
Finally, players will have the ability to cancel Wukong’s ult. Creating more scenarios where you just want to use Cyclone to knock-up your opponents. Providing some time for sustained damage with the skills CC cooldown and then dash right back out to prevent taking any damage.
Latest Wukong Rework update and notes
1] I’m currently iterating on Wukong’s passive. The version you’ll see on PBE tonight is outdated, as I’ve been tinkering with it this week. The current version reads, “After exiting stealth, Wukong gains a physical damage shield equal to 8% of his maximum health. 6 sec CD.”
 Lowering the CD and removing the short 3 sec duration has made it flow more naturally while making it easier to trigger twice in one fight. So it’s effectively a 16% max HP shield per trade if you use brush and smart positioning.
 Note to people who are worried about AP matchups- watch how your shield disappears when fighting a mage in a lane with minions.