Metro, an active Twitter user and Twitch streamer who is a prominent leaker, has reported that Blizzard will reveal a worthy sequel to its hit shooter at BlizzCon 2019, holding reliable leaks for grand Overwatch announcements in the past.
Overwatch 2 has been speculated for a long time, with Kotaku’s latest report plausibly saying that Blizzard had canceled a first-person StarCraft game to concentrate on Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2. Ironically, Metro reports that at the cultural event, Blizzard will also reveal Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remastered.
In direct response to those who doubted his report’s credibility, Metro said he had no reason to doubt his exclusive information because they were the same person who leaked the Ashe data appropriately to them before the official announcement of the character. Metro declined to disclose any additional details to preserve the identity of the author.
Overwatch 2 Rumours – BlizzCon 2019
Here’s what we’ve been informed so far:
- Overwatch 2 will be PvE AND PvP.
- Overwatch 2 will utilize a leveling system that will influence how you can typically play your character.
- The leveling system will alter some of the game’s heroes ‘ abilities.
- I don’t know if this specific functionality is only PvE or also PvP.
- No new OW hero from what I’ve learned.
- Blizzard has devoted all its energy to publish OW 2 as quickly as possible.
- I don’t know if competitive will be moved or whether it’s going to be a kind of fusion. I think it’s going to be a change, maybe even at the beginning of next season, because the title is called Overwatch 2 and not an Overwatch expansion.
As Metro said, he has no reason to doubt his source but when BlizzCon kicks off on November 1st, we’ll find out how credible this leak is.