Since the holidays are over, Riot Games are hard at work doing what they do best. Stephen Mortimer, the Lead Designer, posted a video on Monday afternoon for the new 10.1 patch on his official YouTube channel. The patch is live and available to play right now.
TFT Patch 10.1 impressively features changes to more than 20 champions (including the two new champions) in addition, Riot introduces three new items and many others reworked not forgetting trait changes. Now that’s how you kick off the new year!
TFT Patch 10.1 Balance Changes
Last Whisper (New)
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Recurve Bow
- Replaces Repeating Crossbow.
- Critical hits reduce the target’s Armor by 90% for 3 seconds. This effect does not stack.
Titan’s Resolve (New)
- Recipe: Chain Vest + Recurve Bow
- Replaces Phantom Dancer.
- When the wearer is hit or inflicts a critical strike, they gain a 2% stacking damage bonus, up to 100%. At 50 stacks, the wearer gains 25 Armor and MR; and increases in size. Resets every round.
Bramble Vest (New)
- Recipe: 2xChain(z) Vest
- Replaced Thornmail
- Negates bonus damage from incoming critical hits. On being hit by a Basic Attack, deal 80/120/160 magic damage to all nearby enemies (once every 1 second maximum). Scales with wearer’s Star Level.
Frozen Heart (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Nearby enemies’ attack speed is slowed by 25%
- Now: Nearby enemies’ attack speed is slowed by 40%. (Stacking increases the radius of this effect, not the amount of the slow)
Iceborn Gauntlet (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Upon dodging an attack, creates a zone of ice. Enemies inside the zone have their attack speed reduced by 25%.
- Now: After casting a spell, the wearer’s next basic attack freezes the target for 1.5 seconds.
Ionic Spark (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Deal 90 true damage to an enemy when they cast a spell.
- Now: Enemies within 3 hexes that cast a spell are zapped, taking magic damage equal to 200% of their max Mana.
- Before: Gains a spell shield that prevents the next crowd control from applying. This shield refreshes after 3 seconds.
- Now: [UNIQUE] The wearer is immune to crowd control.
Locket of the Iron Solari (New Scaling)
- Shields allies for 300 for 8 seconds ⇒ Shields allies within two hexes in the same row for 250/275/300 damage for 8 seconds (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
Luden’s Echo (New Scaling)
- Deals 150 magic damage ⇒ Deals 120/160/200 magic damage (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
Statikk Shiv (New Scaling)
- Deals 100 magic damage to 3 enemies ⇒ Deals 80 magic damage to 3/4/5 enemies (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
- Proc Chance: 25% ⇒ 20%
Red Buff & Morellonomicon
- Burn: 20% over 10 seconds ⇒ 18% over 10 seconds
Karma is top-tier at protecting and enhancing carries, so think carefully when determining her placement. With Karma on your team, you’ll always know where your star is—standing right next to her.
- Cost: 3
- Origin: Lunar
- Class: Mystic
- Ability: Inspire – At the start of combat, Karma tethers to her closest ally. Karma shields the tethered ally (or a random one if the tether is dead) for 5 seconds, absorbing the next 200/350/500 damage. While the shield holds, the ally receives 50/75/100% bonus Attack Speed.
Leona is the front-line unit for the Lunar trait. She’s especially strong when deflecting lots of small instances of damage, so she should be quite sturdy against Summoners and low-threat units like other Wardens or Mystics. She’ll help buy the time you need to get the Moonlight blessing on all of your allies.
- Cost: 1
- Origin: Lunar
- Class: Warden
- Ability: Lunar Eclipse – Leona reduces all damage by 35/70/105 for 5 seconds.